Job Title: Metallizer
Reports To: Vacuum Plating Supervisor
Department: Vacuum Plating
Revision Date: 03/31/18
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacuum metalizing of equipment or parts.
- Load and unload jigs within a determined timeframe.
- Put canes in wires and change accordingly.
- Learn to shoot metalizer efficiently within a two-week time frame.
- Know how to operate and read control panels.
- Add oil to pumps when necessary.
- Wipe out oil from the back of the chamber as needed.
- Assist in keeping the area clean and organized.
- Keep machine panel and chamber clean; wipe down and sweep out.
- Responsible for accurately complete daily production and load sheet.
- Push loads to the proper staging area.
- Check ovens for loads incoming and outgoing.
- Able to operate metalizer with a minimal amount of rejects. A load is considered bad if 20% or more is rejected for light plating, burnt, metalizer spots, or for handling.
- Fix minor repairs to jigs, filaments, and reels.
- Help in other areas such as racking or help painters when the workload is slow.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform basic math, read and understand instructions.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must be able to retain information.
- Work independently of continual supervision
- Must be able to use and read precision measuring devices.
- Factory environment.
- Subject to noise, fumes, oily, dusty, hot, and wet conditions.
- Will be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Lift/carry: 75 pounds waist level
- Push/pull: 75 pounds
- Stand, walk, reach: frequently
- Bend, stoop, squat: occasionally
Please complete the